4.27.2005

Like a Blogging Stone



I was on the phone with Sut the other day and he told me about the new Baseball Tonight blog that the studio guys had put on the internet. He and I had a good laugh, we both thought it was a lot like taking a no-hitter into the eighth inning--everyone knows about it but you don't want to be the one to say anything to the pitcher, you just leave him alone. So a couple days later Harold Reynolds and I grabbed a bite to eat after a telecast and we were talking about this blog and he asked me to write a few thoughts from the booth perspective. Before I could even tell him I didn't know anything about John Wilkes, he stuck me with the check and was out the door!

Don't get me wrong, there's some prodigous talent here. I think you're going to see a lot of insight pretty quickly on these pages. You know that Gammons will bring consistency and that unique perspective on the often overlooked AL East post in and post out. Kruk has always shown that he can handle his words. At the end of the day, I wouldn't be surprised to see this bunch win two, three Webbys for their work. The talent is there. The drive is there. You just need that one person to step up and say, "I'll lead these bloggers, I'll take this place to a new level." And I think you're going to see that pretty quickly.

I'm honored and flattered to be along for the ride, and I'll be looking forward to reading these guys' thoughts just as much as you will.

2 Comments:

Blogger John C. said...

"prodigious," ha.

12:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you in the color chair, Steve. If the Cuns ever needed some constructive criticism, tis now.

10:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home